On October 7, 2013 pre-workshop tutorials on special topics will be held.
First Workshop Day
The first day will focus on new scientific insights to make the methods for the measurement of reliability and
validation more efficient and comprehensive:
- Design of Experiments, Sampling Inspection
- Multi Parameter POD (extended a)
- Data Field POD (extended â), Observer model
- Receiver Operating Characteristics for specified conditions, dealing with false calls
- Minimum effort approaches
- Modelling based methods MAPOD and PICASSO
- Combining different sources e.g. with BAYESIAN Approach to deal with real/in the field data
- Systematic Psychological Approach to Human Factor and organization
Second Workshop Day
Specific demands and solutions for specific industrial applications
- Aerospace, Automotive and other Transportation
- Nuclear Power: NDE Reliability (Performance Demonstration/Qualification/ENIQ-Methodology);
Maintain Dealing with human motivation during the closure of power plants Chemical
- Certification in NDE societies
- Characterization of the performance of structural health monitoring systems
Third Workshop Day
Are we able to assess the true NDE reliability in the field?
Integrating NDE results in overall Risk Analysis and Life Time Concepts
Do the existing requirements and regulations for the NDE professional and NDE providers enable reliable NDE
(this might cover: education, qualification, work place features, procedure, advisor role,
regulations between NDE provider and end user etc.).
Each day specific break-out-sessions are foreseen which will be summarized at the last day in the workshop conclusions.
- The overall question to be answered might be: What is influencing the performance of NDE and how
can we measure and optimize what we want to know with minimum effort?
- Paradigm Shift: In the past the POD and ROC-Methods were applied for a final judgment of the
NDE-systems. Now, with the increasing application and results from NDE Qualification the multi
parameter POD can be applied as an optimization tool where a certain parameter setting is assigned
to a certain reliability.
- Human factor influences need to be treated systematically with the tools of psychology not only for the
individual inspectors but also for the organizational context and environmental factor.
- What is the “delta” to the everyday field conditions? What do we need to overcome?